NIGHT TIME COUGH AND SORE THROAT COOL BLAST
dextromethorphan hydrobromide and
doxylamine succinate syrup CVS
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
temporarily relieves • minor aches and pains • headaches • coughs • sore throat • runny nose and sneezing
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take: • more than 4 doses (8 tablespoonfuls or 120 mL) in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount • with other drugs containing acetaminophen • 3 or more alcoholic drinks everyday while using this product Sore throat warning: Severe or persistent sore throat or sore throat that occurs with high fever, headache, rash, nausea, and vomiting may be serious. Ask a doctor right away. Do not use more than 2 days or give to children under 12 years of age unless directed by a doctor.
Do Not Use
• to make a child sleepy • if you are on a sodium-restricted diet • if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for two weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product. • with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or non-prescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
• glaucoma • liver disease • cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus) • breathing problems such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis • persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema • trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking
• sedatives or tranquilizers • the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product
• do not exceed recommended dosage (see overdose warning) • marked drowsiness may occur • avoid alcoholic drinks • alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness • be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery • excitability may occur, especially in children
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• pain or cough gets worse or lasts for more than 7 days • fever gets worse or lasts for more than 3 days • new symptoms occur • redness or swelling is present • cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding
ask a health professional before use.
Keep this and all drugs out of the reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of accidental overdose, seek professional assistance or contact a Poison Control Center immediately. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
• do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
agedose adults and children 12 years and over................take 2 tablespoons (tbsps) in dose cup provided every 6 hours as needed children under 12 years.......................do not use this adult product in children under 12 years of age; this will provide more than the recommended dose (overdose) and may cause liver damage
• store at controlled room temperature • dosage cup provided