You are here: Home > Prescription(RX) Drugs > T > Teruflex Blood Bag System Anticoagulant Citrate Phosphate Dextrose Adenine (cpda-1) (Terumo Corporation)|
TERUFLEX BLOOD BAG SYSTEM ANTICOAGULANT CITRATE PHOSPHATE DEXTROSE ADENINE (CPDA-1)
anhydrous citric acid,
trisodium citrate dihydrate,
sodium phosphate, monobasic,
dextrose monohydrate and
----------TERUFLEX® BLOOD BAG SYSTEM with Blood Sampling Arm CPDA-1 SOLUTION
Revised 8/96 N-BB-CA-A(SP) 3
TERUFLEX® BLOOD BAG SYSTEM with Blood Sampling Arm
Read these instructions before use.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR BLOOD COLLECTION: Use aseptic technique.
Materials Needed: VENOJECT® II Tube Holder (code P-1316R)
VENOJECT® II Multi-Sample Luer Adapter
VENOJECT® II Plastic Blood Collection Tubes
(or equivalent glass or plastic
evacuated blood collection tube)
1. Confirm that all numbered tubing of each blood bag unit contains segment numbers.
2. Make a loose knot in donor tubing below "Y" unless alternate methods are used to seal tubing.
3. Clamp donor tubing.
4. Suspend primary bag as far as possible below the donor's arm.
5. Apply blood pressure cuff or tourniquet to donor's arm. Disinfect site of phlebotomy. If blood pressure cuff is used, inflate cuff to approximately 60 mmHg.
6. Remove needle protector and perform phlebotomy. Remove clamp to permit blood flow into primary bag.
CAUTION Do not touch needle after removing the needle protector.
7. Appropriately secure donor tubing to donor's arm.
8. MIX BLOOD WITH ANTICOAGULANT AT SEVERAL INTERVALS DURING COLLECTION.
9. Collect labeled volume of blood (+/-10%).
10. Tighten knot firmly after collection. Clamp between knot and "Y". Sever donor tubing between the knot and clamp. Alternate methods may be used to seal tubing.
CAUTION Do not use the dielectric tube sealer while the needle is connected to the donor's body.
Anytime before Step #13 below, sever donor tubing between the two seals.
Collect blood samples as follows:
a) Connect VENOJECT II Multi-Sample Luer Adapter to VENOJECT II Tube Holder (Fig. 1).
b) Remove covers and connect multi-sample luer adapter to female luer at end of donor sampling tubing (Fig. 2).
c) Snap CLIKTIP in donor sampling tubing to open blood pathway.
d) Insert blood collection tube (VENOJECT II or equivalent) firmly into VENOJECT II Tube Holder; when full, remove sample tube from holder. Repeat to collect additional samples.
11. Reapply clamp to donor tubing between phlebotomy needle and "Y"; release pressure on donor's arm and remove needle.
CAUTION Discard tubing/phlebotomy needle unit according to institutional procedures.
12. Immediately after collection, invert bag several times to assure blood and anticoagulant are well mixed.
13. Strip blood from donor tubing into bag, mix well, and allow tubing to refill. Seal on or near X marks on donor tubing to provide numbered aliquots of anticoagulated blood for testing.
14. If components are prepared, centrifuge unit and separate cells from plasma within 8 hours of blood collection.
NOTE: Final hematocrit should be 75% or less.
15. Snap CLIKTIP (inline closure device) of primary collection bag and transfer plasma into satellite bag. Clamp transfer tubing of satellite bag.
16. Seal tubing of primary bag in two places, cut between seals and separate from satellite bag(s).
17. Store CPDA-1 Red Blood Cells (or whole blood) between 1-6o C.
18. Infuse CPDA-1 Red Blood Cells within 35 days of collection.
For further processing, use standard component processing techniques.
To open blister package, peel cover film back 4/5 of its length.
After opening, unused blood bags may be stored for 30 days by returning cover film to original position and sealing with tape to prevent possible loss of moisture.
• THE PACKET OF AGELESS CONTAINED IN THIS PACKAGE ABSORBS OXYGEN AND GENERATES HEAT ON REMOVAL AND SHOULD BE HANDLED WITH CARE.
• DISPOSE WITH PACKET IN TRAY.
• DO NOTE DISPOSE WITH WASTES CONTAINING VOLATILE OR FLAMMABLE MATERIALS.
• DISCARD AGELESS PACKET WITHOUT OPENING.
44-1, 2-CHOME, HATAGAYA, SHIBUYA-KU, TOKYO, JAPAN
®: Registered Trademark
ANTICOAGULANT CITRATE PHOSPHATE
DEXTROSE ADENINE SOLUTION (CPDA-1) USP
FOR COLLECTION OF 500mL OF BLOOD
Each unit consists of a primary bag containing 70 mL of solution with
209 mg Citric Acid (anhydrous) USP, 1.84 9 Sodium Citrate (dihydrate)
USP, 155 mg Monobasic Sodium Phosphate (monohydrate) USP, 2.23 9
Dextrose (monohydrate) USP, 19.3 mg Adenine USP.
STERILE, NON-PYROGENIC FLUID PATH.
DO NOT USE UNLESS ANTICOAGULANT IS CLEAR.
DONOR NEEDLE 16G X 1 1/2" (1.60 X 38mm)
RECOMMENDED STORAGE: Room Temperature (15-30°C/59-86°F).
Avoid excessive heat. Protect from freezing.
After opening, unused bags may be stored for 30 days by returning cover film to original
position and sealing with tape to prevent possible loss of moisture.
See InstrucUons For Blood Collection.
Manufactured by: TERUMO CORPORATION Tokyo, Japan
®: Registered Trademark Blood Sampling Arm is a trademark of TERUMO CORPORATION.
Revised: 12/2009 Terumo Corporation
Reproduced with permission of U.S. National Library of Medicine
Copyright © 2018
|Over-the-counter (OTC) Drugs|